Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes: Apple and Cinnamon

 Hello my dears!

I'm sorry I didn't post for so long, but everything is very stressful at the moment. I scarcely had time to bake... but finally I managed to make some Cupcakes! ^.^
I try to avoid wheat and use spelt instead because it's much healthier. So the following recepies will be with spelt flour but you can replace it with wheat flour easily.



I baked apple cinnamon cupcakes with honey buttercream.
What you need for the dough (to make 28 cupcakes):
400g spelt flour
250g butter
280g sugar
4 eggs
10ml milk
4 apples
1,5 tablespoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons baking powder

First you mix everything together except the apples, cinnamon and lemon zest.
Wash the apples and then grate them. In a seperate bowl stir together the grated apples, the cinnamon and the lemon zest. Add it to the dough and then fill into cupcake papers.

Bake for 15-20minutes (or until a fine skewer comes out clean) on 180°C.

To make the frosting:
250g butter
600g icing sugar
6 tablespoons clear honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3-5 tablespoons milk

Just mix it all together, and then you can use food coloring for the 'christmas'-look! :)

I topped the cupcakes by piping and then I added apple slices (which were dipped in lemon juice to avoid a browm colour) and I spread some red glitter on top <3



Finally I want to ask you wether you have any idea what I shall serve at christmas diner?! Last year we had pears in punsch with cranberries which was really delicious! 
I am looking forward to your advices! ^.^

With best regards,
Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment