Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Elegant Cookies

Hello my dears!

A while ago, I fell in love with the clothes from the japanese fashion brand Innocent World. Because the dresses are timeless elegant and inspire me very much I decided to jazz up some sugar cookies!



To make a bunch of quite large cookies you'll need:
200g butter
200g sugar
400g flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the shape of the cookies I used stencils and then cut out the dough with a knife. It works really well, because the dough is sticky, but be careful when you remove them from the oven, they break quickly!
Bake them for about 8 minutes on 180°C.

For the royal icing:
250g icing sugar
1 egg white
a bit of lemon juice (to create the right consistency)

during the frosting, the plain basic cookie


I love to experiment with food colours! :) Paste food colours are my favourite, because they are very concentrated and the jars look like you're doing potions in a Harry Potter style ♥



Enjoy the cookies! ^.^
With best regards,
Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment